Tuesday, August 19, 2008

12th Day of the Games

Today has been an emotional day for me. Many reasons. First and foremost, I'm homesick. Very homesick. I love this experience, but I am homesick.


Today I worked the Hospitality Suite because it was arrival day for Wave 4. Everything went according to plan. We got all checked in and off to see their first Olympic event - Artistic Gymnastics. Paul just texted and said US won Gold and Silver. I was so tired to today that I decided not to go. US would win the gold the night I bail out! Ugh!! I so wanted to hear the Star Spangled Banner live!!!! Oh well......


Included in this wave are 8 young survivors of the Sichuan Earthquake. Atos Origin sponsored these children to come and experience the Olympics. I was there to welcome them to our hospitality suite and got the chance to chat and set them up with Olympic pins! They loved the pins! :) Their escort told me a bit of their plight and how they were trapped for 10 hours at their school. The third girl from the right is still struggling with injuries but was very excited about her trip. Honestly, I was moved to tears to be sitting there with them hearing their stories. They were beautiful children and were so excited about attending this event. I feel so honored to have met them!
I've uploaded more pics; so be sure and click on the link at the top of the right hand column.
Say a prayer for me. Really homesick!
xoxoxo to all!!!

1 comment:

tonoch said...

Hi Sandra.

This is Antonio Chavez from the office in Dallas. Thanks for sharing all this emotions with us. I'm delighted reading your stories. Your pictures are great too.

I will be waiting for your next update.

Keep enjoying the experience.

Antonio.