Sunday, August 10, 2008

Aug 9 and 10




So here is a photo of the members of the hospitality team...waiting for the Opening Ceremony to begin. Great group! Starting with the back row....Me, Zhiyao, Laure-Anne, Shin Yin...front row....Trong, William, Mung Sun, Fu Ting, Ping Sum, and Bea Lian. Missing is Ruth. Not sure where she was when we took this!


So Saturday was a busy busy day taking care of the guests. Sunday....pretty slow day for those of us manning the hospitality suite. The guests were out early to the Great Wall and then an off-site lunch, next to an olympic venue and then tonight is a late night dinner at the AO suite.


Had a little time for fun. Last Thursday evening, myself and a couple of the girls grabbed taxis and went looking for a restaurant. That was interesting. Set out looking for a certain restaurant and couldn't find it. Ended up at a place that served, Western, Chinese, French.....food was pretty good. Speaking of food.....the idea that I may lose weight on this trip....Yeah, probably not gonna happen! The food has been phenomenal! The AO suite food is soooooo good. Funny story....so the girls called me up tonight and wanted to go get a bite to eat. Somewhere quick. Because we all wanted to see the US/China bb game. Wanna guess where we ended up?!?!?!?! KFC!!!! I told them that everyone back home was gonna laugh at me. Come all the way to China to eat at KFC! LOL!!


Saturday evening, myself and Sylvia (precious girl!!) went shopping. I went looking for some sneakers and ended up buying some new heels! lol! Then we headed back to the AO suite and had a lovely dinner. The girls were laughing at me because for dinner, I put my new heels on. Dress code around here is neat casual. And they were laughing because I told them I missed wearing heels. So for dinner, along with my khaki capris and blue polo shirt, I wore heels!!!

Ok....that's it for now. Missing home really really bad.

No comments: