Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Emperor's Palace


So....I've been here a couple of days and jet lag has settled in. UGH!!









Yesterday when I came in for the evening, I really wanted to blog but was so tired, I couldn't keep my eyes open.


Yesterday was an interesting day:

First, we started off traveling to some of the venues that our guests will be attending. We have to know where to park, where to take the guests thru security, where to pick them up....and the list goes on...... We traveled to the Bird Nest. It's phenomenal! Pictures really don't do it justice. To see it up close and personal was an experience all in itself. It is massive. Seats 91,000. Can you imagine!?!?


We went to the swimming venue, the table tennis venue, the basketball venue and today we went to the beach volleyball venue.

Yesterday we went to the Emperor's Palace. I was so taken by it. It was breathtaking (thus the reason for all the pictures). We will be taking our guests to this tour site. We had to walk through the plan....where to drop off the guests....where the coach would pick them up....and so on.... The guests will be taking a boat ride on the boat you see in the below pics. The boat will take them right up to the Emperor's Palace and they will go inside the Palace.



Dinner last night was a team building event. We were taught how to make dumplings from scratch. Not gonna lie, that was fun! I forgot my camera at dinner, so I have no pictures yets. The other girls are gonna send me theirs. Will post them soon.



I was supposed to go to the Great Wall tomorrow. But I've been pulled to work at the hospitality suite tomorrow since some of upper management is arriving. Tomorrow is my first day to wear the uniform. Will be sure and take pics to post!



Ok....I'm tired. Gonna sign off for now. Take care and I'll be in touch again soon!!


Zaijian!






Michelle, Patrick and Myself at the volunteer dinner Monday evening.




Artwork on the Atos Origin coach






Entrance to the grounds of the Emperor's Palace




Boat at the Emperor's Palace




Emperor's Palace




Emperor's Palace




Emperor's Palace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cool. I am showing your posts to my kids. Thanks for taking us along with you. I know it is a lot of work to keep up this blog...especially when you are tired. But we really appreciate it.

Please try some double cooked pork and let me know how it compares to that made in the US. :o)

Alan

SLW said...

I love your blogging. So excited for you being there in the midst of things.

Lisa Smith said...

Our family is having so much fun looking at your blog... love and miss you~~~ Lisa Am so proud of you.. having been chosen to go on this GREAT ADVENTURE...Thanks for the pictures...